- Abstract Submission Deadline:
January 16, 2020 Extended to January 28, 2020, Tuesday
- Registration Opens:
- December 18, 2019
- Early Bird Registration Deadline:
- April 7, 2020
Only oral presentation
15 minutes (including discussion)
Revised conference format
March 18, 2020
- Most OPIC conferences, including XOPT, have already canceled their conference rooms at PACIFICO Yokohama.
- XOPT 2020 will be organized in a hybrid fashion, combining “real” and “digital/virtual” formats.
- For the “real” format, we plan to convene a few in-person meetings at certain venues, such as Osaka University and the University of Tokyo. The dates will fall within April 22 to 23, one or two days depending on the total number of presentations. We will use the ZOOM system to connect the venues to share presentations.
- For the “digital/virtual” format, the presentations and discussions at the in-person meetings will be broadcast live via the ZOOM streaming system for participants unable to attend the meetings in-person. In addition, the conference video taken at the in-person meetings will be broadcasted via you-tube in several days after the conference.
- We will accept presentations in digital format (slide decks with audio) for presenters who are unable to attend the meetings in-person. These presentations will be collected prior to the conference, presented at the local meetings and streamed to remote participants via ZOOM. A remote presenter will be able to accept questions/comments from participants after his/her presentation via ZOOM. The agenda for remote presenters in different time zones can be adjusted to facilitate their participation.
- All presentations are limited to 15 minutes, including questions and discussion. We cannot accommodate 30-minute slots for invited speakers.
- We will not have a poster presentation session.
XOPT 2020 will be held as an online virtual conference
March 3, 2020
We regret to inform you that we will not be able to convene XOPT2020 in the usual in-person conference setting due to the coronavirus outbreak. This decision is based on discussions with OPIC, the parent organization of scientific conferences including XOPT.
We recognize that the timing of this decision may have significantly inconvenienced you. We are very sorry for this short notice and the abrupt change in plans.
Kazuto Yamauchi and Tetsuya Ishikawa
Kazuto YamauchiOsaka University
XOPT covers the recent progress of X-ray technology and developments with topics including the following fields:
X-ray optical components
- High-resolution monochromators
- High-resolution spectrometers/analyzers
- Optics for high-energy X-ray applications
- Beamline monochromators/mirrors
- Focusing optics (reflective, refractive, diffractive)
- Phase retarders and polarization optics
- Diagnostics tools
- New optics for diffraction-limited synchrotron radiation (DLSR)
- X-ray imaging/microscopy
- X-ray inelastic scattering
- Time resolved analysis
- X-ray correlation spectroscopy
- Nonlinear X-ray optics
- New Methods/applications for DLSR
- X-ray sources
- X-ray detectors